Am I depressed? How can I feel less stressed? Why am I so anxious?
It offers practical advice, interactive tools, videos and audio guides to help you feel mentally and emotionally better.
Tips and advice to boost mental health
- 10 stress busters ↗
- How to feel happier ↗
- Dealing with panic attacks ↗
- How to fight fears and anxiety ↗
- How to control your anger ↗
Not sure how you're feeling? Try this mood assessment quiz ↗.
Self-help and treatments
If you're considering trying self-help techniques or seeking treatment for mental health problems, these can help you weigh up your options:
- Mindfulness: is it for you? ↗
- A simple breathing technique for stress ↗
- Moodzone mental wellbeing audio guides ↗
- Mental health helplines ↗
- Talking therapies explained ↗
- Can you get free therapy or counselling on the NHS? ↗
You may also be interested in our selection of mental health apps and tools ↗ in the Digital Apps Library.
Other people's stories
If you're feeling sad, anxious, angry or stressed, remember you're not alone.
Read real-life stories from other people who have felt the same way, and see how they found help.
Do you need urgent mental health help now?
See your GP if:
- you've been feeling depressed for more than a few weeks
- your anxiety is affecting your daily life
If you want to talk to someone right away, the mental health helpline ↗ page has a list of organisations you can call for immediate help.
The Samaritans helpline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for people who want to talk in confidence. Call 116 123 (free).