07 March 2017: AXA PPP healthcare has introduced a pay-as-you-go occupational health service for SMEs and mid-sized corporates who occasionally need the input of occupational health experts to help them manage the likes of frequent, repeated absences, long term absences and performance issues relating to ill health at work.
AXA PPP’s Occupational Health on Demand (OHOD) service will enable intermediaries to offer these clients a cost effective, flexible way to access OH professionals as and when they need them to help:
- protect the health and wellbeing of their workforce by preventing work-related ill health and injury
- ensure new and existing employees are fit for work and
- support ill or injured employees back to work with easy-to-access referrals and clear, practical guidance.
Clients will have full control of spend through clear standardised pricing and joining is easy. On receipt of an employer’s one-page set-up form, AXA PPP will send by return a welcome letter, fulfilment brochure and two-page contract for signing to formalise the arrangement. Once the signed confirmation is received, an OHOD account co-ordinator will set up a profile for the client and email instructions to enable them to log on to the service’s dedicated Workplace Health Gateway referral portal. Clients are also sent links to video guides explaining how to access the Gateway’s Assessment and Referral services. Customers are then ready to go and start using the service.
OHOD services include:
- Manager Telephone Advice Line
- Management Referral Service
- New Starter Health Assessments
- Working Time Regulations Assessments
- Ill Health Retirement Assessment
- Ergonomics Services – Workplace Assessments
- Influenza (Flu) Vaccinations
- Consultancy and Training Days
Paul Moulton, Intermediary Distribution Director for AXA PPP healthcare, said
“OHOD brings OH professionalism and expertise to the backbone of Britain – SMEs and mid-sized corporates for whom it’s not usually cost effective to subscribe to the kind of comprehensive OH cover commonly procured by larger-sized employers. We’re confident that intermediaries’ will find that our pay-as-you-go approach is a welcome development and will enable them to help their clients manage workplace health and wellbeing more effectively.”
Intermediaries should contact their AXA PPP healthcare account manager for more information.