Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Anon. asked...

Wart on my leg

I have a wart on the top of my left leg which is white in colour and protrudes. Do I get a product from the chemist or do I need a skin specialist to get rid of it?

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

If this is a confirmed wart on your leg then there are many over the counter treatment options and you will be able to discuss this with your local pharmacist. It may also be a small cyst or a fatty deposit. These usually require surgical removal. I would suggest seeing your GP first to confirm what this protruding lump is as treatment will depend on diagnosis.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter