Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Karen asked...

Severe CRPS

Who is the best expert consultant and treatment centre for an inpatient adolescent with severe CRPS in lower left limb who has not had improvement after 2 years of physiotherapy?

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

There are a few centres around the UK who have specialist departments for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and are involved in research and treatment of CRPS, primarily using a multidisciplinary approach to treatment, these are, Royal United Hospitals Bath under a Professor McCabe, The Walton Centre, Liverpool under a Dr. Goebel, Bristol Children’s Hospital, Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases. National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery at Cleveland Street, part of University College London Hospitals. You can also look for other specialists in CRPS on this website here.

Unfortunately we cannot personally recommend any specialist or treatment centre, but wish you well in your search.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter