Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Lynn asked...

I have a small, rough piece of skin

I have a small, rough piece of skin that is dark in colour and goes a bit scabby which then comes off. But every couple of months returns. I've previously had solar keratosis in the same place which was removed by liquid nitrogen. Is it likely yo be the same thing? Should I go back to the doctors?

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, is available on a pay-as-you-go basis with prices starting at just £60 per consultation*.

    Quote AXA20 to receive a 20% discount. (* Prices subject to change.)

The answer

It is possible that the solar keratosis has returned, especially as it is in the same area. We would suggest you see your GP and be referred back to your dermatologist to have this assessed, they will be able give you a diagnosis on this. Hopefully this will help you.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter