Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Paul asked...

Punch to the head

I was punched last night in the head and I passed out. I have pain on the side of my head and vomited.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

If you sustained a head injury and lost consciousness and subsequently vomited, you may have had a concussion. We would suggest you see your doctor to be assessed. Ideally we would have suggested you be seen in A&E at time of the injury.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter