Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Janet asked...

Pink blotches on body

I have pink/red blotches on the left hand side of my body from under the armpit down to the groin and up to the naval. There are some on the right hand side but not so prominent. They are not affecting me any way but just wanted to know if you should seek medical advice.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

We would suggest you see your doctor to assess these red/pink blotches on your skin. It may be a reaction to something you have come into contact with or eaten, it may also be a dermatitis or eczema, it can even be a fungal infection. All of these may require treatment so we would suggest seeing your doctor as soon as possible.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter