Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Sue asked...

I have trigger finger.

I have trigger finger of the little finger. Treatment suggests splinting it, but does not say how you do this. Can I buy something, or should the doctor recommend something?

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

The type of splint you need is unlikely to be available from a pharmacy or GP surgery but could be provided by a minor injuries unit who will assess your finger and ensure the sizing of splint is correct.

Answered by Health at Hand nurses.


You may also be interested in...

Trigger finger

General self-help tips for pain

Joint action

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter