Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Serena asked...

Sinus problems after hurting my nose

Hello! I was away on holiday and fell hard on my nose 3 weeks ago. After visiting the hospital, they told me my nose was not broken. However they just did an X-ray on me and I don't think they checked the cartilage. My nose looks to be recovered now, but I am having sinus problems, sometimes a blocked nose and problems equalizing (where I hear an echo in my head like I'm underwater). Is there anything I can do or is this just an after effect? Many thanks in advance, Serena

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

Thank you for contacting Ask The Expert. Under the circumstances it might be prudent to visit your GP regarding these symptoms- whilst no fracture was detected there may have been some damage to the delicate tissues inside the nose itself which may be causing the symptoms you have been having. You may also like to ask your Gp to refer you to an ENT specialist, they will be able to perform a detailed assessment of this to determine the cause of your symptoms and implement a treatment strategy once a diagnosis is made. I do wish you the best of luck in resolving this quickly; an ENT specialist should be able to work with you and prevent any further problems arising.


Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter