Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Jacky asked...

I have severe back pain and fractured 2 vertebrae 2 years ago. I have been to see my doctor 4 times in the last 8 weeks and have been prescribed numerous painkillers and anti-inflammatory tablets but to no avail. The pain is not lessening any and I have private healthcare with yourselves and was wondering what I can do next as I have no quality of live as can't walk properly and it's too painful to drive.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, is available on a pay-as-you-go basis with prices starting at just £60 per consultation*.

    Quote AXA20 to receive a 20% discount. (* Prices subject to change.)

The Answer

Our quality of life is reduced significantly when we have back problems.  We suggest that you contact your general practitioner to see whether  it would be clinically appropriate to be referred to a neurologist, orthopaedic  specialist or pain management specialist to  improve the quality of your life as much as possible with this awful condition. 

You would need to contact your Personal Advisory Team  for guidance on seeking authorisation for these consultations and any treatments that might be suggested to you by these specialist. 

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

You may also be interested in...

Back pain

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter