Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

J. Handy asked...

How is a small cyst treated?

After an MRI scan, i've been told that I have a small cyst under my bladder and above my prostate. Can you tell me how this will be treated?

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

The treatment for small cysts is usually monitoring its size, if the cyst is not causing any problems. If the cyst becomes larger or starts to cause other symptoms, such as pain or bladder symptoms then surgery is usually required to remove the cyst and this would be done by a urologist. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Answered by Health at Hand nurses.


You may also be interested in...

'I have a cyst on my neck'

The early bird

Eating for good health

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter