Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Danny asked...

Tags: blood test

There was a TV series called Food Hospital or a title to that effect. Every participant had blood tests to see whether they were deficient in any nutrients. Where can one get a really comprehensive blood test such as this? I don't trust the postal packs on offer.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, is available on a pay-as-you-go basis with prices starting at just £60 per consultation*.

    Quote AXA20 to receive a 20% discount. (* Prices subject to change.)

The Answer

To have the kind of blood tests you discuss you would need to contact a laboratory. As you mention, most offer a postal service, however you may be able to contact them directly.

Some private hospitals will do in-depth blood tests, but they require you to have been seen by the dietician. You might like to try contacting your local private hospital and ask if they have an option for phlebotomy only appointments using self-referral.

We hope this helps, in the meantime;

  • Eating a balanced diet will ensure you have the vitamins you need.
  • A deficiency will usually have symptoms that become apparent so action can be taken.

Answered by Health at Hand nurses.


You may also be interested in...

Blood tests

Unusual foods that pack a health punch

Health MOTs

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly better health newsletter to receive updates on our latest health and wellbeing articles.

Sign up to newsletter