Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Phil asked...

I have started bruising on my arms.

I have recently started bruising very badly on my arms. They become red/purple at the slightest knock. No problems elsewhere on body.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

To evaluate and assess the bruises to your arms you would need to see your Doctor. This is because there may be many reasons for bruising, including some medications. Your GP will know your past medical history and will therefore be able to eliminate known factors. They will also be able to order blood tests if necessary.

You are right to question any changes to your body such as this, and seeing your GP is always the correct first step. We hope this helps and wish you well.

Answered by Health at Hand nurses.


You may also be interested in...

Blood tests

Health MOTs

Unusual foods that pack a health punch

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter