Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Oumar asked...

I have noticed a white mark on my skin

Tags: Skin

Hi, I have noticed a white mark on my skin. the skin is slightly raised and mark has a diameter of around 0.5cm. it does not have puss in it and wouldn't class it as a spot. its been there for at least a month. is this something i should get checked out by my GP? Thanks

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

This spot may be a simple cyst or a sebaceous cyst that form due to a pore being clogged and a cyst forming under the skin. If this is unusual for you then I would suggest you see your GP for examination and diagnosis. Your GP will then be able to suggest an appropriate treatment. Hopefully this will help you.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter