Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Steph asked...

My friend had a miscarriage

Hi, I have a friend that has recently found out she can't have any more children following a miscarriage a couple of years ago. She is extremely upset and I have suggested she speak to someone. Are you able to provide me with a list of counselling services in the Southend on Sea area that specialise in this area?

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

We are sorry to hear about your friend’s situation; we agree that being able to talk to someone suitable might be of help to her.

Unfortunately we don’t have a list of counsellors, but perhaps you could direct your friend to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy which has a search facility. She may also find the Miscarriage Association helpful.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  


Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter