Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

ron asked...

Fluid taken from knee

a month ago i had the fluid taken from my knee it has now swollen up again with fluid and so painful the hospital says arthritis couuld this be so

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

You may well be developing arthritis of the knee, this is possible, but as your knee has become swollen again you may have fluid building up within the knee capsule again. 

We would suggest you follow up with your GP and discussed referral to an Orthopaedic specialist to review this, further testing may be needed. You may also want to discuss if the fluid removed from your knee was tested and what the results of this are.

Hopefully this will help you.

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter