Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

sher asked...

My husband has found a lump...

Hi my husband has found a lump has some pain and discomfort and swelling , he has seen doctor who although concerned is wanting him to wait for a scan up to six weeks would you say this is too long seems as though he has a lot of symptoms?

  • Active+ Black Friday Offer

The answer

Thank you for your question.

It is unclear from your question where your Husband’s lump is on his body. With any lumps, it is really important to report them to your GP and get them assessed. With regards to the lump getting painful and more uncomfortable, it would be recommended that any changes are reported to your GP. Your GP will then be able to make a decision if they feel that the scan should be more urgent. It will be your GP's decision if they feel it is necessary to expedite the appointment, but in order for this decision to be made, they will need to be aware of any symptom changes.

We hope this has been helpful to you.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses