Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

andre asked...

I was in car accident several months ago...

I was in car accident several months ago and since have had a bad on the right side of my lower back. Ive had mri and nothing has shown up. I sometimes feel this pain in my side also. Im affected more on cold days. I also get the pain in my arms and shoulder. Doctors jus keep giving me meds but nothing is helping and my back is getting worse

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

Thank you for your question.

Following an injury like being involved in a road traffic collision, there may be a period of months whereby pain can still be an issue. You mentioned that your GP has prescribed medication for this. With regards to the pain radiating to elsewhere in your body, and getting worse, it would always be recommended that you keep your GP informed. Following re-assessment by your GP they may refer you to a Physiotherapist or onto a Specialist for further investigation/treatment if the pain is worsening.

It is really important to keep your GP informed of any changes or worsening symptoms.

We hope you have found this helpful.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses