Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Graeme asked...

Diagnosed with Collapsed L5 Disc 5 years ago.

Hi Diagnosed with Collapsed L5 Disc 5 years ago. Continue to try and exercise depending on pain levels. Any advise on how to assess if this condition is detoriating and any stretches, excercises that can help?

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, is available on a pay-as-you-go basis with prices starting at just £60 per consultation*.

    Quote AXA20 to receive a 20% discount. (* Prices subject to change.)

The answer

Thank you for your question.

To assess if there is any deterioration of this condition, your GP will be able to refer you to a specialist who can assess and organise an MRI scan.

 Depending on the results of this, you may be referred to a physiotherapist who can advise you on appropriate exercises.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses

You may also be interested in...




Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter