Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Amy asked...

Cyst in my head

Hi, I have got a cyst in my head and have had it since birth. I keep forgetting things and remembering things. I lose my balance when I walk sometimes.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

You have not mentioned if you are being monitored by a doctor in relation to this cyst in your head. If your memory and balance are being affected you should see your doctor as soon as possible and be referred to a neurologist to assess this as balance changes and memory issues can suggest a change in the size of the cyst. I would suggest you see your doctor as soon as possible. Hopefully this will help you.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter