Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Anon asked...

Tags: bones , injury

I have bad pain across my shoulders, across the front and back. The bone and the back of my left breast is very tender. I had a breast scan two weeks ago and it was all clear, my specialist wants me to have a PIT scan. I would appreciate your thoughts regarding this matter.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, is available on a pay-as-you-go basis with prices starting at just £60 per consultation*.

    Quote AXA20 to receive a 20% discount. (* Prices subject to change.)

The Answer

In order to investigate the pain you are having your specialist requires you to have some advanced imaging. I am assuming you mean PET (positron emission tomography) scan which gives the doctor a clear view of the affected area in 3D.  

I am also assuming that by breast scan you mean mammogram. An all clear from a mammogram is very reassuring but pain is regarded as a warning sign for a multitude of medical conditions and your specialist is merely investigating all possibilities which is very wise as this pain is obviously troubling you.

Answered by Health at Hand nurses.


You may also be interested in...

Breast lump

PET scan

Early diagnosis can save lives

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly better health newsletter to receive updates on our latest health and wellbeing articles.

Sign up to newsletter