Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Stefan asked...

Tags: skin

I had a mole that was sore and itchy, and I have managed to scratch the head off. I have put some Savlon cream on it and a plaster. Should I arrange to see a GP, or just wait for it to heal over?

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, is available on a pay-as-you-go basis with prices starting at just £60 per consultation*.

    Quote AXA20 to receive a 20% discount. (* Prices subject to change.)

The Answer

It is important that any changes to moles be reported to your GP. An appointment should be made so your doctor can evaluate the mole and see what treatment (if any) is required. Keep it covered with a clean dry dressing until you can get to your surgery.

Answered by Health at Hand nurses.


You may also be interested in...

'How should I check my moles?'

The early bird

Early diagnosis can save lives

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly better health newsletter to receive updates on our latest health and wellbeing articles.

Sign up to newsletter