Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Paul asked...

Asperger's Syndrome and depression

My son has Asperger's Syndrome and is suffering from depression. Due to the Aspergers he finds it really difficult to communicate his feelings over the phone or face to face. At a recent visit to his GP with his mother, he felt unable to express himself and instead his mother misrepresented the situation. Can you suggest somewhere where he might be able to talk to someone through online chat or email?

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

Your question does not indicate your son’s age but I would like to suggest contacting either MIND or Young Minds. These are mental health charities that offer a guide to taking the first steps in getting the right support for individuals either within the NHS or privately. They offer a support line on 03001233393 and may be able to set up an on-line chat or email dialogue with him as well as a guide on how and where to seek the help he needs. They also offer a text service on 86463.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter