Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Lisa asked...

Anxiety, depression and addiction

I suffer from anxiety/depression and cannabis addiction. I am seeing a dynamic therapist weekly but with this I find dealing with this extremely difficult. I'm tired of putting on a fake face and having people tell me I should be fine. I'm not sure what kind of help you can suggest but anything will help. Thank you

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

It’s great that you are seeking help and seeing a dynamic therapist. It could be, however, that you need some extra help. With dual diagnoses, these sometimes need more intensive treatment and it can be that both conditions need to be treated in order for recovery to take place. It may be worth speaking to your GP to see if there is anything they can help with. For example they may be able to help you to cut down / stop your cannabis use. They may also be able to refer you to more specialist services, including a psychiatrist / Community Mental Health Team if this is required.

There is a website called ‘Talk to Frank’ which may be useful for your cannabis addiction. We would also recommend the website MIND. It has lots of information including how to get support.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter