Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Anon. asked...

Small moveable lump under the skin

I discovered a small moveable lump under the skin of my arm below armpit about 5 weeks ago . I'm 38 non smoker . I've been to my gp twice and both times they said scar tisdue or a cyst .. they also took a blood sample which came back clear . I'm still concerned though as I've been getting twinges in other parts of my body since i discovered the lump.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

Thank you for your question.

With regards to the unexplained lump, we feel that if your symptoms have developed further (as you say that you have other areas with “twinges”), we can only suggest that you go back to your GP to discuss. As there are other symptoms occurring, we feel that it is appropriate to consult your GP with your ongoing concerns, and get their advice.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses