Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Sebas asked...

I just noticed a small lump on my head...

Hi, I just noticed a small lump on my head recently and when I squeeze it thinking it's a pimple it hurts. What does this mean and what should I do? Help and thanks.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, is available on a pay-as-you-go basis with prices starting at just £60 per consultation*.

    Quote AXA20 to receive a 20% discount. (* Prices subject to change.)

The answer

The hard painful lump can be a simple cyst, sebaceous cyst or a root hair infection on the skin. This may mean you need antibiotics or the lump may need to be incised and drained by your doctor. If this lump remains painful we would suggest follow up with your doctor to assess this. Hopefully this will help you,


Answered by the Health at Hand nurses