Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Kenneth asked...

An area on my nose is going purple.

I am 60 and have noticed the area on my nose above the nostrils is going purple. Should I see my doctor? I don't drink much.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

The discoloration you describe can be indicative of many things (including unexplained bruising or medication side effects). Your GP will be able to discuss this issue with you and establish a cause by examination and reviewing your medical history.

Make an appointment and get examined, visible changes such as this should be investigated. If we can help you further please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can call us on 0800 003004 if you prefer.

Answered by Health at Hand nurses.


You may also be interested in...

Health MOTs

NHS health checks

Unusual foods that pack a health punch

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter