Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Paul asked...

Can you have atrial fibrillation treatments privately?

Can you have atrial fibrillation treatments privately?

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, is available on a pay-as-you-go basis with prices starting at just £60 per consultation*.

    Quote AXA20 to receive a 20% discount. (* Prices subject to change.)

The answer

Thank you for contacting us with your question, this condition is able to be treated privately of course as are all conditions. It would just require a referral to a cardiologist working privately, usually from the treating GP, to initiate an assessment and any treatments that may be required. If you have health insurance and would like to use your policy to cover you for this then you would need to speak to your policy team first to check that your policy will cover this and they would then be able arrange the necessary authorization for you to proceed once cover is confirmed,

We do hope this helps to answer your query and please don’t hesitate to contact us again if we can be of any further help,

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses