Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Nicola asked...

Where do I look for support for a niece of mine that is struggling with behavioural problems?

Where do I look for support for a niece of mine that is struggling at the moment, she has had a telephone assessment with a crisis team who have said she has behavioral problems and will make an appointment for her. I would like to look at how I can speed up this process and look at paying for this support but not sure where to go for it.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

Thank you for your question. We're sorry to hear about the troublesome times your niece is going through. It is reassuring to know that there is a supportive network around your niece and you coming forward and asking this question is proof that your niece will be well supported. Whilst this is true it is difficult to guide you in the right direction without further information such as age and what behavioural problems have been identified.

We understand that there is an appointment already booked but if you feel as if though you are struggling with your niece behaviour your/your niece’s parents can also use the team over at Young Minds. As long as your niece is under 25 they are there to support you/your family.

The Association of Child Psychologists in Private Practice – AChiPPP (not related to AXA PPP) provides a way for you to search for Private Psychologists for children’s and teenagers in your area, I have linked their website below.

Hopefully this helps provide more options to speed up the process.

Please check these links for further info:

Young Minds


Answered by the Health at Hand nurses