Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Jacqui asked...

Pain from plantar fasciiti

Hello, I have plantar fasciiti since October last year and have had 2 steroid injections from a consultant at Spire Hospital but it has not gone away! Would physiotherapy help? I am still running short distances but only twice a week maximum as it is something I love doing. I would appreciate your advice.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

Pain from Plantar Fasciitis can be persistent, and if you have not been referred to physiotherapist as yet, we would suggest you request this from your doctor, as they can help with exercises stretching the calf muscle and plantar fascia. Resting the heel is also suggested as is use of anti -inflammatory medications if you can tolerate these and shoe inserts/supports can be helpful with resolving the inflammation. Hopefully this will help you.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter