Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Anon asked...

I'm mentally unwell

I'm mentally unwell

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

Many people who have mental health conditions consider their signs and symptoms ‘’normal’’ and they avoid speaking openly about it because of shame or fear.

We appreciate that you admit that you are not feeling well mentally.

This is the first step to recognize that something is not right.

The next step is seeking medical help. In the first instance, we would suggest to speak with your GP to assess your symptoms and diagnose any mental health condition you might have or not.

Professional help might be needed if you experience:

  • Marked changes in personality, eating or sleeping patterns
  • An inability to cope with problems or daily activities
  • Strange or grandiose ideas
  • Excessive anxiety
  • Prolonged depression or apathy
  • Thinking or talking about suicide
  • Substance abuse
  • Extreme mood swings or excessive anger, hostility or violent behavior

There is help out there and dedicated professionals who can help and manage your symptoms. The management consists of various combinations of treatments, including medications and therapies. Please find below few links which I hope will help you.

Anxiety - NHS


With best wishes,

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses