Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Slawomir asked...

I believe I have low testosterone levels.

Tags: Depression , Stress

I believe I have symptoms of low testosterone levels (low libido, lack of concentration, exertion). When spoken to my GP he prescribed me antidepressants. I don't feel depressed and would like to have my testosterone tested - can I request it from the NHS GP or private GP?

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

You can request a testosterone level check from your GP, this would be a blood test taken between 07:00 and 10:00 in the morning.

This level varies throughout the day and may need to be checked a few times. If your GP does not want to do this test you can see a private GP for the blood  test, consultation cost will not include the costing of the blood tests, so I suggest you enquire of the charges involved in this before the test is taken.

Answered by Health at Hand nurses.


You may also be interested in...

Loss of libido

Macho men have weaker immune systems

Beat everyday stress

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter