Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Francis asked...

Itching rash on my penis

I have rashes on my penis and it itches me.... what should I do to cure

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

Dear Francis

Rashes in the genital area can have several causes, this can be related to sweat from clothing, after exercise or too tight clothing, yeast infections, contact dermatitis, psoriasis or sexually transmitted infections. Treatment will depend on diagnosis, so if you have not seen your doctor yet we would suggest you do so as soon as you can.

The itch suggests you have reacted to something, but your doctor will have to examine you and determine a diagnosis, as you may need prescription medication to treat this rash as topical treatments for the genital area usually need to be milder.

Hopefully this will help you.


Answered by the Health at Hand nurses

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter