Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Amy asked...

I was in a car crash

I was in a car crash nearly a month ago now, I have been doing physio through the other party's insurance however I am still in a large amount of pain even after being prescribed further medicine, I just wanted to know that if i wanted an MRI/X-ray how I would go about this

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

Amy, thank you for writing in to Ask the Expert.

We are very sorry to hear about your recent accident and the health problems sustained as a result of this.

It may well be that the physiotherapist who is treating you can refer you for x-rays and MRI scans as part of the on- going treatment. Alternatively, you may need to discuss this with your GP in order to pursue a further referral. Your GP would certainly be able to review your pain relief program in the first instance.

Please ensure that you have a clear understanding of the source of any further required funding, be this through the third party insurers or your own (car or medical), by contacting the relevant companies, where necessary.

We hope the above information is of some help.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter