Thai coconut noodles
Layer the ingredients for these healthy Thai coconut noodles for a filling, low calorie lunch that's easy to take to work.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 40g flat rice noodles
- 1tsp red or green Thai curry paste
- 5tbsp reduced-fat coconut milk (shake the can well first)
- 1tsp fish sauce
- ¼tsp runny honey
- 125g frozen stir-fry vegetables
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 75g cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1tbsp each sliced spring onion and chopped fresh coriander, and sliced chilli (optional), to garnish
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, rinse well under cold water and drain. Cool fully. Mix the curry paste, coconut milk, fish sauce and honey together, then pour into a 750ml jar with a lid.
- Layer the frozen veg, spinach, chicken and noodles in the jar. Keep the garnishes in a separate container or wrap in clingfilm and put in the top of the jar before sealing.
- When ready to eat, open the jar (remove the garnishes), fill with boiling water from the kettle, then reseal and leave to stand for 2 min. Open and stir well, then serve topped with the garnishes.
These Thai coconut noodles from Healthy Food Guide magazine are dietician approved. For more recipes like this, and for the full nutritional breakdown, go to healthy.food.co.uk.