Curried sweet potato röstis with roasted vegetables
Need healthy dinner inspiration? Make these curried sweet potato röstis your go-to veg-packed healthy option. Top with a poached for extra protein, too!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper,
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- Spray cooking oil
- 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 4tbsp plain flour
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 150g reduced-fat Greek-style yogurt
- Zest and juice ½ lemon,
plus wedges to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 and line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Put the peppers, courgettes and onion in the tray and spray with oil, then bake for 20 min or until tender. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, then add the chickpeas, salad leaves and vinegar and toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, combine the grated sweet potatoes, curry paste, eggs
and flour in a medium bowl, then divide into 8 balls (5–6tbsp each). Heat 1tbsp of the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Put 4 balls in the hot pan and flatten gently with a spatula. Cook for 2–3 min on one side, then gently flip and cook for a further 2–3 min or
until the röstis are crisp and golden. Repeat with the remaining oil and sweet potato mixture.
- Combine the yogurt, lemon zest and juice in a small bowl. Serve the röstis with the salad, topped with the yogurt and a grind of black pepper, with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Bulk it up: Serve each portion topped with a poached or fried egg for an extra hit of protein.