Beef and aubergine curry
Why not try and cook your own curry rather than buying a pre-made one? This dish is simple and uses fillet instead of braising steak, so you don't need long, slow cooking. Serve accompanied by your favourite sides such as basmati rice, naan bread and mango chutney.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 baby aubergines, cut into wedges
- 200g fillet steak, sliced
- 4 tbsp. tikka curry paste
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 150g low fat Greek yoghurt
- Fresh coriander, to taste
- Start by heating the oil in a large pan.
- Add the sliced onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the diced aubergines and cover with a lid cooking over a medium heat for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Turn up the heat, add the beef and cook until browned all over.
- Stir in the tikka paste and tomatoes, and cook for about 5 minutes on a medium heat
- Turn the heat back down and stir in the yoghurt (if the heat is too high, the yogurt can split). Cook gently for a couple of minutes to heat through.
- Finally stir through the coriander and serve.
For more delicious and health recipes from our Proactive Health team, please visit our Diet & Nutrition centre.