Dental surgeon skilled in implant technology

Can you recommend a dental surgeon skilled in implant technology, please?

26 September 2016

Donna. Many thanks for contacting us here at Ask The Expert.

Dental implants can be performed by any qualified dentist but can also be done by those specialising in maxillo-facial surgery or Peridontists.

Dental implants can be done on the NHS if there is a medical reason but are usually done on a private basis.

In order to find the right practitioner for you we would recommend discussing this with your own Dentist for their recommendations.

If you have a private health insurance policy with dental cover through AXA-PPP Healthcare we would suggest contacting your policy team for recommendations and to discuss cover for the procedure.

AXA-PPP Healthcare policy teams are available Mon- Fri 8am- 8pm and Sat 9am- 5pm.

I hope this helps.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses

Got a health question?

We’re here to help you take care of your health - whenever you need us, wherever you are, whether you're an AXA PPP healthcare member or not.

Our Ask the Expert service allows you to ask our team of friendly and experienced nurses, midwives, counsellors and pharmacists about any health topic.