What thorough health check-up should I have?

A friend of mind has been diagnosed with cancer after a routine check-up. Like her, my husband and I have no symptoms or signs of feeling unwell. What thorough health check-up should my husband and I (early 40s) have and where do I find it? We have a corporate membership through PPP. Thanks in advance.

30 June 2015

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for your question to Ask the Expert.  I was sorry to read of your friend’s diagnosis and hope the outcome for her is positive. 

For yourselves, there are a couple of options available to you for well woman/well man health checks.  GP surgeries usually offer health checks of this kind free of charge under the NHS, using the usual surgery appointments system. You can view details here. Alternatively, as members of AXA PPP Healthcare, you are entitled to a discount on health checks at BMI and Nuffield Hospitals. These hospitals offer health checks that can be tailored to your individual requirements. Accessing this discount at the Nuffield Hospitals simply requires you to confirm your membership of AXA PPP Healthcare. 

I hope this answers your question fully.    

Kind regards, 


Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

You may also be interested in...

Search for a specialist or hospital

What’s covered in a medical health check?  

Got a health question?

We’re here to help you take care of your health - whenever you need us, wherever you are, whether you're an AXA PPP healthcare member or not.

Our Ask the Expert service allows you to ask our team of friendly and experienced nurses, midwives, counsellors and pharmacists about any health topic.