Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Jenny asked...

Anxiety and panic attacks

Tags: Anxiety

Hello, I'm suffering from terrible anxiety and panic attacks because of noise, being treated unwell by services including doctors/hospitals and counsellors (my disability etc.) also my dangerous and insecure housing. How can I deal with the anxiety, insomnia and nightmares? (and brain overload, mega stress, noise etc.) The drugs don't work nor does my art therapy.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

It sounds as though you are already being treated in part for this with little success, If the medication for example is not helpful it may be beneficial to chat with your treating doctor as to what other medications you could have, there are medications that can directly alleviate the more acute symptoms of anxiety in conjunction with therapy where indicated.

It’s also not uncommon for people to need to try several medications before finding one that suits and usually this is managed in conjunction with a treating psychologist or psychiatrist. If you do not already have access to either a psychologist or psychiatrist it may be well worth asking to see one.

Answered by the Health at Hand nurses  

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter