A fried breakfast is the hangover cure for some and a complete turn-off for others. It certainly has enough carbohydrate to raise low blood sugar levels but it is also high in fat, saturates and salt - the last thing your body needs after it has been subjected to too much alcohol.
However, a cooked breakfast is a must for some, so try this delicious yet healthy alternative. It’s spicy so will certainly kick you out of your slumber mode. The pitta breads provide quickly absorbed carbohydrate to raise blood sugar levels and the eggs provide protein needed for cell repair.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika, or to taste
- 2 slices pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 pitta bread