Seafood and fennel stew
If you are keen to set yourself some simple, achievable goals as part of your new fitness regime, introduce a couple of healthier dishes at the same time. Then you can reward yourself for your hard effort without ruining all the good you have done. Try this tasty seafood stew.
The fennel adds a light, fresh flavour to this dish and is especially good with seafood. Serve it with crusty French bread.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bulb fennel, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Splash of vermouth or dry white wine
- 300ml chicken stock
- 230g can of chopped tomatoes
- 250g 'ready to eat' mixed seafood
- 150g baby leaf spinach
minutes until softened. Add the vermouth (or white wine) and let the mixture bubble for a minute.
Pour in the chicken stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, then stir in the seafood and spinach to heat through.
Season to taste.