Roasted vegetable delight
This dish takes a bit of time to prepare, but it's worth it. You can add as many different low-calorie vegetables as you like, and if you can find half-fat fresh mozzarella you can lower the total calorie content even further.
The high fibre content of this dish will help to satisfy anyone who is trying to watch their weight.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 100g fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 600g tomatoes
- 1 small butternut squash, seeds removed, chopped into large pieces
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed, cut into large chunks
- 2 carrots, sliced into bite-sized chunks
- 4 shallots, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- A handful of rocket
- A handful of watercress
- Half a ripe avocado, stone removed, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 7.
Place all the vegetables and garlic into a roasting tray. Sprinkle over some olive oil and put into the oven to roast for about 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are soft, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking.
When roasted, season the vegetables with freshly ground black pepper.
Serve over the salad leaves, and place slices of the mozzarella and avocado on top, finally drizzling with the lemon juice and a dash of olive oil.