Quick prawn noodles
After a good workout or training session you need a high-carbohydrate meal that is ready in minutes. Try these tasty prawn noodles; the noodles provide fast-acting carbohydrate that will quickly replenish energy stores, while the prawns provide protein and zinc that will help to repair and strengthen muscles.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 100g glass noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp five-spice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp grated fresh ginger
- 100g cooked, peeled prawns
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Half tbsp fish sauce
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- A small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 25g roasted peanuts
- Freshly ground black pepper
Soak the noodles in a bowl of warm water until soft, then drain and put back into the bowl.
Heat the oil in a wok, add the five-spice and fry for 1 minute. Add the garlic, ginger and prawns and stir-fry for another 4-5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir the contents of the wok into the noodles. Add the spring onions, lime juice, fish sauce, chilli, coriander, mint and peanuts. Toss well and season with freshly ground black pepper.