Poached pear crunch
If your incentive to exercise is to reward yourself afterwards with a sweet treat, try this delicious yet healthy yoghurt. It's both refreshing and satisfying without piling on fat and sugar, so you won't undo all the good effort you put into burning up body fat.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 pears, such as Comice, peeled and cores removed
- 2 peaches, stones removed
- Juice of 2 oranges or 4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp toasted sunflower seeds (or mixed seeds)
- 2 tbsp low-fat Greek or vanilla yoghurt
Cut the pear and peach into quarters and put into a small, lidded pan. Pour over the orange juice, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the fruit is soft but not mushy.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Place in a bowl, spoon over the chilled yoghurt and sprinkle the seeds on top.