Lamb tagine with couscous
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover Sunday roast lamb. The dried apricots and raisins are a good source of fibre, and the couscous provides easy-to-digest carbohydrate for long-lasting energy.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 onion, roasted and quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, roasted and quartered
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g raisins
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 200g roast lamb, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g pomodorino tomatoes, halved
- 12 pitted black olives, chopped
- 12 fresh mint leaves, sliced
- 200g couscous
- Freshly ground pepper
Bring the stock to the boil and add the roasted onion and garlic quarters, apricots and raisins.
Turn down the heat and season to taste. Add the cinnamon and lamb, then drizzle over the olive oil. Cover with a lid and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, make up the couscous according to the packet Instructions.
Add the tomatoes, olives and mint leaves to the lamb mixture and serve with couscous.