Greek salad with watermelon and feta
The sweetness of the watermelon and the tanginess of the feta cheese go well together in this salad. Watermelon is very low in calories, and its high water content means it can help to rehydrate the body during hot summer weather.
Watermelon is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A and potassium.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 50g black Kalamata olives
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- Half a watermelon, deseeded and diced
- Half a red onion, sliced finely
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 150g feta cheese, diced
- 1 small cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig of oregano
- 50ml red wine vinegar
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and toss.