Feta, apple and walnut salad
A trip to the gym or a run in the park deserves to be rewarded with a tasty meal – but not so indulgent that you undo all the good you just achieved. Try preparing this quick, easy and delicious salad before you go.
Keep it chilled in the fridge so you can tuck in when you get back feeling tired. It′s full of healthy ingredients, providing important nutrients such as essential fats, vitamin E, calcium and vitamin C, but it has a richness and creaminess that makes it feel indulgent.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 bag of leafy green salad
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Quarter of a cucumber, diced
- Half a fennel, finely sliced
- Large handful of walnut pieces
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Cox's apple, core removed and cut into thin slices
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small baton of French bread
Sprinkle the lemon juice over the apple slices.
Place all the ingredients apart from the oil and black pepper into a large serving bowl. Drizzle with the oil and grind over the black pepper.
Toss lightly but well enough to mix everything together.
Serve with some crusty French bread.