Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Becky Gayle asked...

Back in 2009 I had a very bad car accident.

Back in 2009 I had a very bad car accident and snapped/broke my femur bone, I then had major complications in my inital surgery.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP quickly?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, offers a doctor appointment by video or phone at a time that suits you.

The answer

It sounds like you have been through a very tough time the last few years since your accident. It is certainly possible that your posture has been affected because you have needed to use walking aids/crutches for such a long time. I would recommend that you see a physiotherapist to do an assessment of your back and legs. A personal exercise plan to help you strengthen your back and correct your posture may help your pains. There are also alternatives to deep heat that you could try that can be also rubbed onto the skin, such as capsaicin and topical anti-inflammatories. Ask your doctor about trying these as they do not smell.

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter