Our team of medical experts are ready to help

Your questions answered

Little Vixen asked...

My daughter has cancer, she is being treated by the NHS.

Tags: cancer

My daughter has cancer, she is being treated by the NHS and it has been appauling treatment.

  • mother-thermometer-doctor-at-hand

    Do you need to see a GP ASAP?


    Would you like to speak with a doctor by video or phone at a time that suits you?

    Our Doctor@Hand service, delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere, is available on a pay-as-you-go basis with prices starting at just £60 per consultation*.

    Quote AXA20 to receive a 20% discount. (* Prices subject to change.)

The answer

It is very sad that your daughter is so ill. Obviously you would like her to have all possible treatments available to her. You can request a second opinion on the NHS, the first step would be to speak to your daughters GP who could consider referring her for one. A GP can also advise you about your local private hospital, where you can arrange to see a consultant for a second opinion. I wish you and your daughter all the best in such a terribly sad situation

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our monthly newsletter, Better Health, to receive our latest health and wellbeing updates.

Sign up to newsletter